JOB POSTING: Grower Engagement and Extension Specialist
We are seeking a Grower Engagement & Extension Specialist to be a part of our passionate team that is committed to serving the canola farmers in Manitoba.
The Manitoba Canola Growers Association (MCGA) is the provincial association representing nearly 7,500 canola farmers in Manitoba, and is committed to maximizing net income for canola farmers through sustainable production.
This is a full time position reporting directly to the Executive Director
The Grower Engagement & Extension Specialist is responsible for continually seeking out, creating and facilitating learning opportunities and activities on behalf of MCGA to foster excellence and advance the knowledge, success and sustainability of canola growers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with canola grower members and other key contacts
- Analyzing, planning, and facilitating activities or programs to communicate important information to canola growers to ensure their continued profitability and competitiveness
- Continually brainstorm with MCGA team and partners to plan, execute and assist in events by identifying key topics of interest to canola growers, and recruiting/identifying keynote speakers to educate members
- Remaining up to date and aware of the many issues that impact farmers, and the work that MCGA is doing to address such issues
- Working closely with the Executive Director to assist with preparation of research materials and documents to improve knowledge transfer to canola growers
- Identifying new sponsorship and partnership opportunities as well as renew existing sponsorships and partnerships
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and/or experience would be considered
- 2+ years of relevant experience in the planning, organization and execution of agriculture related programs
- Knowledge of community and/or public relations
- Strong understanding and familiarity with crop production
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- You are a strong relationship builder and communicator; enjoy meeting people and are proficient at collaborating with others
- You have the ability to multi-task, be organized and set priorities in a fast paced environment
What You Need to Know:
- This role requires flexibility. You may need to occasionally work evenings or weekends to network, attend events, or meet clients off site in order to provide exceptional service
- Must be able to travel within Manitoba, Canada and on occasion outside of Canada
- Must possess a valid Manitoba Driver’s license and ability to drive with own vehicle
- You have the option to work from office or remotely
How to Apply:
Please forward your resume and a letter of interest by e-mail to email@example.com, applications will be accepted until 5:00 PM, April 11, 2019.
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.