Job Posting: Research Administrator
Manitoba Canola Growers is looking for a Research Administrator to work in our growing research program. If you are a science and data-minded person who loves to be organized and are interested in working in agriculture, we would like to meet you.
The Research Administrator with the Manitoba Canola Growers Association (MCGA) is a new 2.5-year term position (term ending December 31, 2024, with the possibility to extend to a permanent position). This position will provide valuable administrative support to the Research program, as well as communications and event support to the communications and grower engagement departments. This administrator-level position reports to the Executive Director and is supervised by the Research Manager. Activities include administration of the Canola Performance Trial and On-Farm Research programs, tracking and administering MCGA’s research investments, providing event and extension/communications support on research topics, as well as financial and report administration.
In summary, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Canola Performance Trial (CPT) Administration: support the CPT committees with meeting planning and minutes; support contractors with delivery of the program; compile and disseminate data including updating the website through the Web Contractor.
- On-Farm Research Program Administration: support Research Manager with research agreements for contractors and farmers; support Communications Coordinator with Research extension and communications; support creation and communication of final report and results.
- Research Tracking and Administration: Update and maintain the research tracking database and website database; administer contracts for internal research projects; act as point person for contracts administered by partner organizations.
- Research Event and Extension Support: Coordinate and support Research Camp event; support Grower Engagement Manager with research extension activities; attend research meetings as needed; support Pest Surveillance Initiative (PSI) project with tracking, reporting and extension.
- Financial and Report Administration: Compile annual research reports and funding leverage information; support Research Manager with key reporting and financial deadlines; coordinate with grant writer for grant applications and reports.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary training, Certificate or Diploma is preferred in applicable fields such as Administration, Agriculture, Science, Business, Communications. Equivalent combination of education and/or experience would be considered
- 1-2 years of experience in program administration is preferred but not required
- Knowledge of agriculture or agricultural research an asset
- Knowledge of database or contract administration an asset
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- You are a self-starter with a data-driven mind and excellent written and verbal communication skills; a critical thinker with solid organizational skills and the ability to build strong relationships.
- You have the ability to collaborate and work within a team in a diverse and fast-paced environment.
- You have strong problem-solving skills, with an ability to anticipate, identify and define problems.
What You Need to Know:
- This is an 80% term position with the possibility to extend to a permanent position.
- This role requires flexibility. You may need to occasionally work outside of standard working hours, particularly during the busy season from October to March. Flexibility also applies to shifting demands and priorities, frequent interruptions and competing priorities, meaning you must be flexible and adapt to change
- Requires a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Ability to travel within Manitoba, Canada, and rarely outside of Canada is required
- This role will be flexible, and could be a work from home, hybrid, or office-based position. Applicants do not need to be based in Winnipeg.
How to Apply:
Please forward your resume and letter of interest by e-mail to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until 4:30 PM, June 30, 2022
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted July 13-14, 2022.
If you have any questions please reach out to Executive Director, Delaney Ross Burtnack.