- This event has passed.
Farm First Aid Training – Selkirk
July 18 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Manitoba Canola Growers Association in collaboration with FarmSafe Manitoba is hosting two first aid courses in a location near you!
This course is designed to meet the needs of Manitoba farmers who live and work in a variety of farming and rural communities. Participants will learn First Aid principals and the skills needed in life-threatening emergencies and/or common non-emergency farm-related injuries or illnesses. You will be able to:
- Recognize when first aid is required and when medical help is needed
- Recognize the dangers and hazard at emergency scenes
- Prevent injuries through proactive investigation and safety programs
- Better understand the unique issues related to farm emergencies
This course will certify you as a First Aider 1 under Manitoba Workplace Safety & Health legislation and certification is valid for three years.
Registration is required – Spots are limited!
Farmers who are members of MCGA or KAP will receive a rebate. If you are a member of KAP or MCGA, this event is FREE.
Lunch will be provided.
Topics to be covered:
- Recognize when first aid is required and when medical help is needed.
- Recognize the dangers and hazards at emergency scenes.
- Prevent injuries through proactive investigation and safety programs.
- Better understand the unique issues related to farm emergencies.
- Medical Conditions
- Mental Health Awareness