|Inspired by true events, SILO follows a harrowing day in an American farm town. Disaster strikes when teenager Cody Rose is entrapped in a 50-foot-tall grain bin. When the corn turns to quicksand, family, neighbors and first responders must put aside their differences to rescue Cody from drowning in the crop that has sustained their community for generations.
We invite you to join us and spark a conversation about the realities and dangers of farming. Following the screening, there will be a guided discussion about the film and the themes relevant to our everyday lives.
How it Works:
- Register for the screening of your choice using the Eventbrite links above
- You will receive a link to the community screening webpage to watch the movie from the comfort of your own home one week prior to the event with a reminder the day of the event.
- 15 minutes prior to your screening time you will receive the password necessary to press play on the movie.
- Eat popcorn (check out the great recipes below) and enjoy the movie.
- Following the movie scroll down on the webpage to join us for a 20 minute discussion about the movie and grain safety.
- This event is FREE thanks to sponsorship from:
- Canadian Canola Growers Association
- Alberta Canola Producers Commission
- Manitoba Canola Growers Association
We encourage you to share this event with anyone you think may be interested including farmers, firefighters or anyone that spends time on a farm.